Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Swimming By!

Hello Disney and Crafty Friends!  I cannot believe that August is almost over! While many are getting ready for Fall, here in the desert we feel like summer is only half over! Kids are back in school and the stores are showing some Fall displays but we are still having hot, summer days!


It has been a fun filled summer! I attended my annual Scrap Camp! This is always such a FUN weekend filled with lots of laughs, crafting and field trips (Can you say......Hobby Lobby!). Each year we have a theme for Camp and this year it was The Dusty Derby (Think Kentucky Derby).  While at camp it was decided that four of us would have a monthly card exchange. Two months in and we are going strong! I have to say it is super fun to receive a handmade card in the mail!   For this month's card I decided to use a die that I have had for awhile but had not used yet.  Here are the four cards that I created.  Each one is slightly different from the other.






Materials used:
cardstock from my stash
Seashell card die from Honey Bee Stamps
"Swimming By" stamp and die set by Honey Bee Stamps
Memento Ink
Embellishments from my stash
Crystal Laquer
Ultra-Fine Glitter

I just love these dies. I think that the Mermaid has such a sweet expression on her face.

This summer was also filled with new adventures.  My family and I headed to Alaska. We had an amazing time. The weather was fabulous and we enjoyed every minute of it! My favorite part was the train ride in Skagway. The scenery was gorgeous and the history of the railroad was very interesting.

This summer I attended my first Origami Owl Jewelry convention. What a fun filled weekend! So much inspiration, laughter and new friendships made. It was unbelievably fun!!

That is the latest from my little corner of the world. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a magical day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!