Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Memorabilia

Sentimental........traditional..........emotional..........sensitive.........and hoarder of memorabilia!  All of these describe little old me!  I save it all....grocery receipts, ticket stubs, cards, travel brochures, sand from the beach, etc.  You get the picture.  Yes, I save it all but in reality very little of it is special to me.  I have my top five special items that if gone would make me sad.  One of these top five items has been missing for several years.  I gave up hope of finding it.  Such a simple thing that holds so much meaning to me.  I have searched high and low for it.  In my frantic search over the years I have torn apart closets, drawers, containers in my garage and it never turned up. But today it did!! What is it you ask? 






It is a Valentine's Day card that my dad gave to me in 1975!  This special card is 39 years old and it means so much to me.  Guess what?  I found it on a day that I needed a little of piece of my dear dad the most! He has been gone for many years and I miss him terribly.  For awhile today, with this card in hand, he felt right with me.  It's been a good day.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by!