My tip last time was to pick out all of your paper prior to starting your project. Well I am happy to report that is exactly what I did this time! My tip for today is to build upon on that previous tip. First I picked out all of my papers and embellishments. Secondly, I laid out the project with my different papers and embellishments where I wanted them to be in the finished project. Once I had it all laid out the assembly went MUCH smoother!
Recipe for my card:
- Cricut cartridge used was CTMH Art Philosophy (page 10). This was used to make my flower. The flower was made using patterned paper and not card stock. To cut the paper my Cricut Expression settings were: Blade @ 6, Speed on low, and pressure on medium. This paper cut beautifully on those settings! Flower was cut at 4 inches.
- Paper, card stock, and ribbon from KI Memories (La Di Dah collection). Green card stock was already embossed. It was wonderful to use all of my embellishments and paper from the same collection.
- Martha Stewart Punch used on patterned paper
- Edges inked with ColorBox Cat's Eye Chalk Ink
- I sprayed my flower with Sheer Shimmer Spritz (Sparkle) by Tsukineko
I did try my hand at another type of flower. These are called "Pop Bottle Flowers - Lollipops. Making these were a lot of fun! Unfortunately I never perfected my technique enough to use one on my card. Maybe with more practice! To see the videos that I watched to learn how to make them go here and here. ( Videos by Luvleescrappin) It was really fun to try something new.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope that you have a magical day!
*This challenge ends April 19, 2014 10:00 pm EST. The DT has had some amazing Flower Power on their cards. For you, this challenge is ANYTHING GOES! If you would like to DIY flowers that is great but it is not a requirement to enter this challenge.
Pretty papers, and lovely flower. I like the punched boarder too. I look forward to seeing a card with the other flower on it. :)ReplyDelete
Great card Brenda! I like the layout & embossed paper you used...TFS!!!!!ReplyDelete
Very pretty card. Love the papers that you used and your card layout is fabulous! I need to check out that tutorial for the other flower. I love using flowers on my cards.ReplyDelete
Pretty card Brenda! I like the flower on your new cartridge. Flower Shoppe has a lot of great flowers on it. I love that cart!ReplyDelete
Pretty card love the colors , those bottle pop flower look neat.ReplyDelete