Saturday, September 7, 2013

Friends!

Hello Friends! I hope that everyone is enjoying their Saturday.  So far I have been very productive today.  I have attended a Weight Watcher meeting and exercised.  All of this accomplished by 10:00 am.  I ask myself, "Who is the morning person that has invaded the non-morning person's mind and body today??"  Seriously, I am not a morning gal so it really is shocking all that I have done so early on a Saturday.

This past week has been filled with fun.  I have a good friend here visiting from out of town.  Spending time with her yesterday really got me thinking how incredibly blessed I am to have such wonderful friends.  You all know who you are!  Whether I have known you for 40 years (and there are a few out there) or just met you recently you definitely know who you are. I found a few fun and meaningful quotes that I feel really sum it all up when it comes to friendships.

I think that this one applies to all friends.  Whether they live close by or far away.  Whether they are old friends or brand new friends.
 
“I think if I've learned anything about friendship, it's to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don't walk away, don't be distracted, don't be too busy or tired, don't take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.”
― Jon Katz

I just love this next one though I disagree that it singles out childhood friendships.  I believe life is a journey of  stages.  I think this one needs to include those friends that survive your dating years with you, those that are there during the child raising years with you and those that grow old with you.  I definitely think this one should include all of those things.  If you have survived any or all of the above together you truly are bound to one another with hoops of steel! 

“You can go through life and make new friends every year - every month practically - but there was never any substitute for those friendships of childhood that survive into adult years. Those are the ones in which we are bound to one another with hoops of steel.”
― Alexander McCall Smith, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

This next one is fantastic!! It is so true! 

“There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.”
― Jim Henson, Favorite Songs from Jim Henson's Muppets

That is the beauty of friendships. You never know when you are going to meet and make another good friend.

That's all I have for today.  It is raining in the desert today. What a special treat! LOL  I hope that you have a magical day. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!