Saturday, July 13, 2013

It's Summertime!

So where has July went?  It is almost half over.  It is hard to believe.  I LOVE the month of July.  To me it means that by the time July hits we are in the summer grove.  School and all the work that goes with it is a memory.  July means 100 degree plus days and afternoon monsoon storms.  The smell of the desert when it rains is a wonderful thing.  There is no smell like it.  It is one of the many things that I like about living in Arizona.  Here is what has been going on in my little corner of the world since Scrap Camp ended and July began.

For starters there has been a whole lot of crafting going on at my house.  I made Fourth of July cards for my blogging buddies, Paper Bloggers Reunited.  You can catch up with all of them on my sidebar.  Here are the cards that I sent out to them:

Credit for this design goes to Stamping For Jesus group. I purchased the kit from them.
They are a wonderful group of stampers that meet monthly.

I love the rubber stamp that I used on this.  It is from Recollections.


I was a lucky lady and got to spend some time on the beautiful island of Coronado. Other than Disneyland, Coronado is my favorite place. This is how most of the homes on the island look.


I also attended the Del Mar Fair for the first time.  So many rides, so many games and SO much good fair food!


I did not eat here.  Not a bacon girl (Sorry U of AZ tailgaters)

This was the cutest little food stand. 

This ride is from Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch.

Here it is in color:



I decided to change a few photos to black and white.  I LOVE black and white pics.  I feel that certain images look so much better in black and white.  Years ago my hubby and I had a darkroom at our house.  Modern technology is wonderful but sometimes I miss the smell of the darkroom, seeing that black and white image appear right in front of me and the surprise of what it looks like.


Stay tuned for more of July happenings.  I hope that all of you are having a great day!  Make it a magical one!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I would love to have a home that looked like that, I bet the island is stunning! Glad you had a great time!

    Beautiful cards, I've never purchased a card kit. But I did just start doing card kit swaps and it has really made card making take on a much quicker designing perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!