Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is here.  The calendar is exactly the same as it was 22 years ago.  The 29th of May is the Wednesday after Memorial Day.  I know this because that is the day that I lost my dad. It was May 29th and it was a Wednesday and it was two days after Memorial Day.  The anniversary of his passing is always a day of reflection. I think what might of been and how I would not be the person I am today if he would of lived past 51 years of age. I have to tell you 51 is too young to pass. I remember on that day that I was so afraid that I would forget.  Afraid that I would forget him and all he was and did.  Little did I know that there would be days that I wished I could forget.  That missing him at times was just too much to bear.  Today is one of those days.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by!