Sunday, November 4, 2012

Birthday Party Fun!


Hello Everyone!  As many of you know during the last few months I was very busy working on an album for a friend's special birthday.  A week ago I finally got to spill the beans, give her the album & share the secret project that I had been working on.  I thought that I would share with you a few pictures from the album and the party. The party's theme was "Candy Store".  It was such a fun theme (even more so as my fellow Disney Chick's name is Candy).

The album is 8 x 8.  As far as embellishments go, I kept it more on the simple side.  I picked my favorite photos & memories of our friendship.  I printed many of the photos at either 8 x 8 or 5 x 7.  I kept the album's main focus on the photos and journaling. My Cricut was used to cut out the titles.

We travel to Disneyland often together.  This page was dedicated to our first trip as the "Disney Chicks".  I cannot believe how young our kids look!  I guess they really are growing up.



This is my FAVORITE layout of the entire album.  Both of us Disney Chicks LOVE Christmas & Disneyland.  The two combined is double the magic!



My daughter, who adores Miss Candy, drew this Mickey Mouse for the album.  I laminated it and put it on the inside of the back cover.  I thought that it was a fun way to end the album.


Now on to the party.  Here is what the table looked like before guests arrived.  Down the middle of the table was a wide variety of candy.

Here is a close up of the sign that was on the table.  The "Candy Store" sign was made using the Cricut cartidge Sweet Shop.



Here is the card that I made for the birthday girl.  I used the Cricut cartridge Sweet Shop.

I hope that everyone is doing well! For those that were in the path of the hurricane my thoughts & prayers go out to each one of you.  Thanks so much for stopping by Disney Girl!

This post is linked up over at Super Sunday Sync Blog Hop.  Head on over there, link up & join the fun!

6 comments:

  1. To my Dear Friend Brenda, I can not thank you enough for the thoughtful beautiful gift you made me for my birthday!! The time you put in and all the wonderful pictures and the many many many years of truly magical shared memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard it was for you not to be able to tell me!! Thank you so much for such a special gift!! To many many more magical years of making memories together!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "candy store" sign! I'm a new follower from the Sunday sync!

    -Logan
    www.southernsunflowersandcoffeebeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Doll..drop by to inform you that I gave you the Liebster Award - love to know more about ya!http://revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award-yay.html
    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special gift and surprise. Love the Candy Store theme and your card is so precious. I can see by her face that she just loved it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!