Tuesday, October 2, 2012

All About My Trip

My daughter and I had a fantastic time on our recent trip to Disneyland!  As I mentioned in my previous post we spent 40 1/2 hours in the Park over the course of three days!  On day one we arrived at the park at a bright and early 7:30 am.  (No I did not have a Magic Morning entry.  I was just excited to be there).  Arriving early paid off.  Look who greeted us:


Doesn't it look like we have the park all to ourselves?  (Ignore the groundskeeper in the background).  After visiting with Mickey and a few other characters along the way it was off to ride the Matterhorn.


The last time we were at Disneyland the Matterhorn was closed for refurbishment (new bobsleds were being added).  On this trip we were extra excited to ride the Matterhorn and try out the new bobsleds.  Now, I have nothing against the old bobsleds but they were a bit of a rough ride.  The new bobsleds are a much smoother ride (translation - easier on your body.  Kids don't notice being whipped around on a ride but I know that some of us grown-ups do.)  So much fun riding this with my sweet girl!




For those of you wondering and I know that some of you are .............. Yes!  I ate MANY cookies.  Here I am with cookie #1 of the trip!  Isn't it too cute. It is decorated as a piece of candy corn!!
I don't know if any of you happened to notice how hot it was in Anaheim this past weekend.  It reached over 90 degrees while I was there.  One one would think that since I live in the desert that I would be used to the heat.  Well that is not the case.  I never go outside to "play" in 90 degree plus heat.  We did manage to stay cool at the park though. (Thank you Splash Mountain!!)  I found a great hat that would of kept the sun off of us.  After trying it on my daughter said no to the purchase.  I wonder why?????????  Wearing an umbrella type hat must not be a cool thing for a pre-teen to wear.


Here is a second shot of me in it (just in case the first one was not enough for ya).

Well that's all I have for today.  Tomorrow is my favorite day of the week!  It is Wordless Wednesday over at Focused On The Magic.
The theme for tomorrow is "Your October Calendar Shot".  I can't wait!  My sweet girl & I attended Mickey's Halloween Party and came across some fun things!  Wait until you see the pics!  Until then, have a magical evening. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

This post is linked up at some fun hops: I Love My Online Friends GFC Friday ChaosMom's Monday Mingle, and You're Gonna Love It Tuesday.   Be sure to head on over to these great hops and check them out.

5 comments:

  1. how fun! I love disneyland! That is awesome the you were able to take pictures with Mickey.. Sometimes he is hard to find!


    I'm your newest follower from the GFC blog hop :)
    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time! Thanks for following me GFC ;) Hope to see you back soon!

    -Fotini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures!!! Looks like a Magical time for the 2 of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to go there now! Your pics are amazing & it looks like you had so much fun! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!