While I was hopping along during the Mom's Monday Mingle I came across this awesome post from The Things We Find Inside
. I thought her "getting to know me" post was a great idea! I thought it was such a great idea that I have decided to do a similar post. Anyone who really knows me knows that I LOVE anything Disney, crafts and toys. After all that is why I started this blog in the first place. Here are a few other things that you may not know about me.
- I love to read biographies. Not just any biography but celebrity ones. At the moment I am reading Diane Keaton's. It is an excellent book by the way. Unfortunately sometimes reading a biography can destroy the image I have in my mind of a particular celebrity. This happened when I read Sandra Dee's biography. She looked so carefree as "Gidget" but in reality life was hard for her.
- My favorite all time movie is Little Women. I own every version ever made. My favorite is the one starring June Allyson (as Jo), Peter Lawford, Margaret O'Brien, Elizabeth Taylor & Janet Leigh.
- I would of loved to have been a teenager in the 1950's. I think that the mid 50's would of been the best time to be a teen.
- As much as I love Disneyland I also love being at the beach. To me being at the beach is the most peaceful place that I can think of.
- I have one brother and no other siblings. I am the oldest. Growing up we fought all the time. Now if three days pass without talking I am calling him up. We live five minutes apart. Who would have thought all those times we argued over the back seat space on a road trip that we would become close friends.
- I have worked at the same office for 28 years. Yes, 28 years! Amazing, huh? I work in a dental office at the front desk. I have scheduled a lot of appointments, processed quite a bit of insurance and heard about many toothaches in that time span. I am also happy to say that many of our patients I consider to be my friends.
- I love a bookstore and could spend hours in one. I am not sure that I will ever own a Kindle as I love the feel and smell of a real paper book. The older the book the better. I often wonder where the book has been and who had it before me.
- I am not a big hair and makeup gal. I do what is needed for maintenance. Maybe someday that will change. I never colored my hair until after 40 and then it was highlights only.
- I love watches. Not sure why but I do and I have a lot of them.
- My favorite birthday of all time was at Disneyland on my 40th birthday. I was there with over 40 friends and family members. It was an amazing day to have so many people that I love with me at the Happiest Place On Earth! To top off the best birthday ever my husband made me a scrapbook of my life. It was an amazing surprise and the perfect 40th birthday present! He had my family and close friends contribute letters to me and also photos. This album is something that I treasure. Did I mention what an AMAZING surprise it was?
That's all for now. I can't tell you everything about me in one post. LOL If you get a chance I would love for you to leave me a comment telling me one thing about yourself. I am off to do something crafty. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a magical day!
This is so cool. Glad you decided to do one for yourself. I think it's a great idea and a good way for us readers to get to know you.ReplyDelete
I LOVE beaches as well, I love books and I am interested in reading Diane Keaton's biography. I have always loved her in movies. :)
I agree about the kindle! I too have one younger brother who I used to fight with. we get along fine now too!ReplyDelete
Great Post, I'm a Big Disney Fan too and I'm a new follower to your blog. Please stop by mine too.ReplyDelete
What a wonderful and caring present from your husband. Very kind!ReplyDelete
Very nice to meet you, Brenda. I'm happy you stopped by my blog. I see you've discovered the Disney Wordless Wednesday blog hop at Focused on the Magic. I love to play there...so see you around! :o)ReplyDelete
Without a Care in the World