Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pizza Memories

The Big Z


Yes, this is a post about pizza.  Not just any ordinary pizza but a "Zachary's Pizza".  Zachary's Pizza is where I have celebrated many happy occasions. It is also where I have went if I needed cheering up.  Zach's (as we have called it)  is where we went before we were married and where we have gone since.  It is what I have had for my Valentine's dinner with my hubby for the past eleven years.  He always picked up a "Big Z" (our favorite) and brought it home on Valentine's Day (a tradition we started when I was pregnant).  I am sad because Zach's Pizza is closing.  Last week my family ate our last "Big Z".  We will miss not only the great pizza but the wonderful staff and all the charm the place held.
  


This post is linked to the Mom's Monday Mingle #14  at The Naptime Review.  Head on over there and check out all the great blogs.

9 comments:

  1. I hate when great small businesses go out! Our favorite taco place had their AC go out and couldn't afford to fix it (required a major overhaul of the entire building even!). Sad. :(

    Glad to know ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! It's sad, but you have lots of great memories because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza looks fabulous. So sorry that your favorite place is closing. It's great to have those memories to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great looking pizza! Sorry to hear about the closing, we have also lost several older, well established businesses in the past few years. So sad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower from MMM.

    Awww-- How sad that your favorite pizza place is closing. My family lived in Florida for 14 months and our favorite pizza place is now located there (we now live in Michigan!). So we don't get to eat often at our favorite place but it sure makes it very special when we do get to eat there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a big z for lunch :) I totally get this, my family loves food but it's more than just the actual food it's the whole experience and the memories created. Following back from the mingle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm following you on GFC after finding you via the Monday Mingle (crafts, Disney and posts about Christmas in July - you are my sort of blogger!).Looking forward to reading more posts from you.


    Angela
    atypicalenglishhome.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for following. I'm now following back. Have a great week.

    Judy's Handmade Creations

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a bummer. Im sorry to see it go. Im sure you'll treasure those memories even more now that its gone . what a great v day tradition

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!