Monday, January 30, 2012

Valentine Card Drive

My daughter and I recently participated in a Valentine card drive.  Winter Wonderland Crafter  sponsored it on her blog.  All the cards received will be delivered to several children's hospitals (St. Judes, Vanderbilt and Texas Children's hospital).  I felt that this was such a wonderful thing for my daughter and I to participate in.  The guidelines were pretty specific as the cards were going to children.  Embellishments were not encouraged as they could be a choking hazard.  I never realized just how many embellishments I used until I couldn't.  Due to no embellishments the cards are pretty basic but I still wanted to share them with you.

 
Made by my daughter


Made by myself

My daughter and I had a great time making these.  I only wish I could see the look on the faces of all the children that will receive a homemade Valentine. 

2 comments:

  1. The Valentines you and your daughter created are so cute. What a great project....doing something nice for kids and spending time with your own at the same time.....cant' beat that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all so cute!!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!